I want to share my thoughts on Anxiety why it is not the demon that many make it out to be. I watched the video that is shared below this article, after a good friend shared it with me on facebook. My friend and I talked about her negative experiences with anxiety. I know that I have a very unique view on the subject and I hope my experiences help others cope with the negative anxiety in their life because I understand how overwhelming it can be. As I often say, there are no accidents in the world, and everything happens when it is suppose to 🙂 I have been writing this article in my head for a while but this video and conversation gave me the inspiration to finally do it 🙂
With so many fear sources in our society, people are often overwhelmed by anxiety. I will explain how Anxiety is not this rare strange foreign disease but pure energy inside of oneself which can manifest in a positive or negative outlook in ones life. I learned about positive anxiety after completely getting rid of everything in my life which would cause any anxiety or stress. I have a pretty flipping perfect life but when things started getting even more incredible, 3-4 months ago, the energy in my chest which I used to call anxiety came back with a vengeance. I had/have nothing to be anxious about and nothing that I worry about. So what is this feeling in the body?
It is energy and pure energy. Yes, we can be anxious about negative things in our life but we also can use/harness this immense energy for good. It is truly wild and crazy when you are able to harness the energy and use it for good instead of letting it completely overwhelm and control you. It took me a few weeks to come to grasp with new sensations in my new life. I have energy for about 20 hours each day. This does cause a few issues, but they are all good once you get used to them. Here are some insights on my life with positive “anxiety” and how I harness it:
- I HAVE SO MUCH ENERGY!!! This is a great thing 🙂 I wake up every day bright eyed and bushy tail. People comment on my energy level almost on a daily basis. Because I chose to stop worrying about money, fear or pretty much anything and decided to dedicate my life to giving to anything and everything that comes into my life, my energy level has gone through the roof!
- GIVE!!! And then Give more!!! :) This is one of my greatest tips for all of my fellow humans. Giving is one of the greatest gifts we have available to us and is so seriously under utilized. I give all the time and I almost never pass up an opportunity to give more. People tell me constantly to cut back and be sure to take care of myself but giving is receiving. I HAVE RECEIVED SO MUCH GOOD FROM MY GIVING. If you think that there is a limited supply of giving, then you are incorrect. We can give unlimited as long as it is for positive purposes. I have had a habit of giving to negative sources in my life which does not help my life flourish. I have learned over the years which places to put my energy. I have been used and abused many times but each of those times were lessons which have brought me to where I am today and so they are great gifts which I am most grateful for! 🙂
- Forgive! Forgiving is just another arm of giving and one of the greatest tools we humans have for surviving. When you forgive you let go of the expectations of another person or outcome. Resentments melt away which truly sets us free!
- I MUST TAKE MANY VERY DEEP BREATHS EACH DAY. This is one of my best tips/tricks to harness the immense amount of energy in ones self. Each of these deep breathes is like mini meditation session. They quickly center me so I can focus and get back to the projects at hand. The energy in my heart/chest is definitely intense and it takes some time to get used to it. I took about 10 deep breaths in the past hour since beginning to write this article 🙂
- Raw until 5. My way of eating is definitely unique. I start my breakfast around 2-3pm each day which is my all plant-powered super green smoothie. All I ingest before that is tea and and water and LOTS OF IT! I drink about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water/tea before breakfast each day. On a normal day I drink about 1 gallon of water. This water helps me think and allows me to flow through my day with ease even when stressful things happen.
- LOVE! Love is so important and also just another form of giving. So love and give as often as possible to anyone and everyone 🙂
- Patience. Having patience for yourself and others is incredibly important. I have said many times that patience is one of my super powers right along with veganism and giving. Letting go and understanding that the perfect outcome will happen once you allow the universe to take over is the only way to thrive in life.
Negative anxiety solutions which I have not fully harnessed but do help a lot.
- Meditation. My deep breathing helps me very much daily but when I am truly stressed by a project or person, I have had to use a meditation regiment of 20 minute to full hour meditations to get through those times time. Because I am so busy I usually just like to take deep breathes and keep most of the stress and BS out of my life 🙂
- Yoga. Another insanely amazing tool which I completely under utilize.
Please understand that the universe has given you the gift of this immense energy and if you choose to use it for good instead of allowing it to totally overwhelm you, you will be able to do SO MUCH MORE in life! If it was not for this amazing positive anxiety I would never be able to get through my 70-80 normal weeks of giving. Sadly most of our culture has decided that anxiety is just a horrible thing because it usually manifests when we are most stressed but it can be controlled if you are ready for it 🙂 I want to stress again that I have experienced both the negative and positive manifestation of anxiety and it feels the exact same in the body so if you do transition to using the energy for good and let go of the negative thoughts, you will have some internal PTSD from your old life and the sensations of the anxiety. It took me about a month to get over this because it is very wild & strange to have the old feelings represent a totally different result. My positive anxiety began shortly after I began supporting Skye Michael/ The Gentle Chef. I was/ am the happiest I have ever been in my life and all the sudden I experienced the most intense “anxiety” I had ever felt in my life. I had/have not a single thing to actually fear or be anxious about and so this is when I started my theory on positive anxiety. If you are dealing with debilitating anxiety, I highly recommend following my steps above and especially the giving part. The more you give in life, the more you receive. This is a law of the universe which I utilize daily now. Try it out. When I started completely giving without any expectation or want, my positive anxiety/heart energy grew to levels I could not even imagine. This is when I finally truly understood anxiety 🙂 It is not something to fear but something to be grateful for and harness to empower ones life!